The province of Ontario is preparing to welcome more immigrants than ever over the next few years. If you’re a newcomer to Canada or are planning to immigrate to Ontario, keep reading to learn the answers to frequently asked questions about Ontario immigration, especially to eastern Ontario. Ontario East is a top choice for new Canadians because of its high quality of life, safe rural and small to medium sized communities, low cost of living, short commute times, diverse workplaces, and many opportunities for skills development.
We’ve filled this post with links for you!
Ontario Immigration FAQs
1. How do I enter Ontario?
- Skilled labourers, business people, or graduate students should take advantage of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) to immigrate to eastern Ontario and help to fill skilled labour gaps in our region.
- The Express Entry program provides newcomers to Canada with a straightforward way to enter and stay in the country.
2. Where should I live in Ontario?
Don’t just take our word for it, find out why Ontario East has such a high quality of life, why people choose to live in the region, and why Ontario East is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live.
- Discover just a few of the many wonderful communities and best places to live in the region:
- Kingston and Pembroke regions
- Ontario East has some of the highest quality of life in the country
3. What resources are available to me?
- The short answer? So. Many.
- Ontario East welcomes international students
You’ll find so much opportunity here
Here’s a collection of some of the best resources for newcomers to Canada
You’ll find training and jobs in Ontario East
Need relocation advice?
Get local help once you arrive in Ontario East
Connect with Local Immigration Partnerships now
4. What can I expect when I move to Canada?
Canada is a four season country with weather as diverse as the population; you’ll thrive in Canada all year long!
Expect resources for job seekers and...
...opportunities for skills training
- Expect to have fun in Ontario East
External links are provided as informational resources only and are not necessarily endorsed by Ontario East.