The Eastern Ontario Training Board (EOTB) is leading opportunities for newcomers to Canada to get fast-tracked permanent residency in the eastern Ontario region.
If you’re a foreign skilled worker, businessperson or graduate student, take advantage of the pilot Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). If you’re a successful nominee, you can find a job, helping to fill labour market gaps and contributing to the economic success of eastern Ontario.
3 Ways Newcomers to Canada Can Be an Ontario Immigrant Nominee
Bringing newcomers to Canada for good means businesses can access skilled labour and industry specific educated hires. Plus, there will be new go-getter entrepreneurs who are ready to find success in Canadian business, and who will provide services and jobs that contribute to local economies.
Here is the nomination criteria for three categories:
- Workers who already have a permanent job offer from an Ontario employer (Employer Job Offer),
- Graduate students or workers who have valuable work experience, education, language skills plus a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system (Human Capital), or
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a new or buy an existing business in Ontario (Business).
Here’s How Newcomers to Canada Get 1 of 50 Permanent Resident Spots
When you’re applying for a nomination to one of the 50 permanent resident spots for newcomers to Canada, remember:
- Make sure you qualify by choosing the stream that meets your qualifications
- Complete the application process to be nominated by the Ontario government (it can take up to three hours)
- If you’re nominated, you can then apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residency
Recruitment Help for Businesses Invested in Eastern Ontario
If you’re a business owner the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program can find you qualified candidates, helping you with the legwork of recruiting new employees who are highly skilled newcomers to Canada to fill vacant positions.
Here’s what OINP, as a designated referral partner under Canada’s Global Skills Strategy, can do for your business:
- Fill labour shortages with people who have the skills you need now;
- Retain international students so you can count on long-term return on your training investment; and
- Get skilled workers faster so your production doesn’t slow down waiting for the right employees.
It’s a personalized service too, so you can easily follow the process from expedited work permits to final hires. Working with labour market impact assessment (LMIA) information your dedicated OINP contact will help find employees with your highly skilled talent needs.
Contact OINP at: email@example.com. The OINP is offered in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade and overseen locally by the EOTB.
If you’re a potential Ontario Immigrant Nominee, get to know what life is like for newcomers to Canada in eastern Ontario.