Manufacturing Month is a showcase of the innovative, high-tech businesses in Ontario that manufacture a variety of products. Not only are manufacturers fascinating hubs of production, but they are also the backbone of the Ontario economy. The manufacturing industry in eastern Ontario alone employs 65,000 people.
October Filled with Manufacturing Month Celebrations
Ontario East is promoting the Manufacturing Month celebrations in October, which include:
- Northumberland Manufacturers’ Association Awards
- Tri-Association Manufacturing Conference
- Eastern Ontario Training Board and local workforce development boards gathering feedback from employers on Ontario’s apprenticeship program
- Peterborough and the Kawarthas hosting an open-door tour of local manufacturing plants
Ontario East Is the Online Hub for Manufacturing
Ontario East is working to support business growth in manufacturing and to attract new business to the region by:
- Promoting manufacturing careers
- Showcasing eastern Ontario as a great place to live
- Helping to connect the workforce to the education they need to succeed
Subscribe to the Ontario East MW Blog to stay up to date on everything we have planned for the month of October. You can also follow us on Twitter, where we will be sharing our resources and promoting local manufacturers.
There are also a number of online tools to help job seekers, students, and employers. Students can learn about the available training programs, degrees and scholarships available to support a career in manufacturing. Job seekers can read an infographic about the benefits of living in eastern Ontario, and manufacturers can download resources on how to attract the next generation of talent to their companies.